Journal Entry: Fri Mar 8, 2013, 6:42 PM
I self-harm. I'm stopping. I'm doing the Butterfly Project. And I need a few friends to help me along the way.
What I'm doing is a collab kind of thing. This is for the people who cut, whether it's a friend, family member, or loved one. That's where you guys come in. If you can, I want you to draw a butterfly on your hand, wrist, ect., take a picture, and post to deviantART.
There are a few rules to the Butterfly Project:
1. When you feel like you want to cut, take a marker or pen and draw a butterfly on wherever the self-harm occurs.
2. Name the butterfly after a loved one, or someone that really wants you to get better.
3. NO scrubbing the butterfly off. Just let it fade by itself.
4. If you cut before the butterfly is gone, it dies. if you don't cut, it lives.
5. If you have more than one, cutting kills them all.
6. Another person may draw them on you. These butterflies are extra special. Take good care of them.
7. Even if you don't cut, feel free to draw a butterfly anyways, to show your support. If you do this, name it after someone you know that is suffering right now, and tell them. It could help.
This is for all the people who self-harm. A handful of my friends do, and I wanna show I support.
I will post a video on Youtube with all the pictures at the end of the month.
I'll be doing this for a month, to see if I remain cut-free. :3
Thanks for your support!~<3